Information for British Army commands and units, Army sports associations and Joint units

Guidance, details on eligibility and the application form is available in Army Command Standing Order 3206 (Army Welfare Funds) which is published on MODNet. For further advice, the first point of contact is at your Regional Brigade HQ (or equivalent), usually in G1 Personnel Branch. Army Welfare Funds are not administered through the operational chain of command.

Key Points:

  • The Army Central Fund makes an annual award to the Army Welfare Grants Committee which, along with a similar grant from the Nuffield Trust, provides the bulk of Army Welfare Funds
  • You do not need to apply direct to the Army Central Fund (or to Nuffield Trust) but should follow the process in ACSO 3206
  • There are other sources of funding outside Army Welfare Funds and advice on this is given in ACSO 3206
Rest and Recover